Smoked Salmon and Ricotta Ravioli, Fennel & Arugula Salad, and Red Pepper Coulis
Yields 8-10 Portions depending on how many you serve per portion.
- Puree the salmon and egg yolks until smooth. Chill for 20 minutes
- Break salmon puree into. Slowly add 275ml of Cream to first batch. Repeat process for remaining salmon
- Place on ice. Add all remaining ingredients. Mix well
- Poach a small dumpling of mix to check for taste and texture. Correct if required can add a touch of lemon juice and frech basil or dill if you wish.
- Construct raviolis using pasta sheets in a ravioli press.
- Refrigerate or freeze for later use
- From frozen = 6min
- Fresh = 3min in simmering seasoned water (Do not Boil furiously) or they will break!
- 1 1/4 cups Fresh Salmon trim
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1 1/4 cups Whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Smoked Nanuk Salmon Lox ( dice or slice – no bloodline)
- 1/2 tsp Chopped Chervil
- 1/4 tsp Chopped Tarragon
- 1/4 Lemon, zest grated finely
- 3/4 tsp Fine sea salt
- A pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 11/2 Egg yolks
- 1 Whole egg
- 150g cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 tspExtra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add desired amount of pre washed and dried arugula
- Make a lemon salad dressing using 1part lemon juice and 3 parts light olive oil, season with a pich of salt and a pinch of sugar.
- Taste and adjust to preference.
Note: Add dressing just before serving!
- 1 Fennel bulb
- 2 Handfulls of Arugula
- 2 pcs Green onion
- Place oil into pot and gently cook onion until tender, do not allow the onion to caramelize.
- Place the peppers and garlic into the pot and cover with a lid.
- Allow time for peppers to completely soften and puree through a high powered blender.
- 3/4 cup Diced onion
- 2 cups Red pepper, de-seeded
- 1/2 tbsp Chopped garlic
- 6 1/2 tbsp Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Balslamic vinegar to taste
Chef Phillip Lie
Instructor, Vancouver Community College