Flaky Coconut Shrimp topped with a sweet and spicy sun-dried pineapple and smokey jalapeño salsa.
- Preheat deep fryer to 350ºF. While the deep fryer is preheating, in a medium sauce pan add the pineapple juice, lime juice and brown sugar and slowly bring to a boil. Once the mixture has come to a boil, reduce to a simmer and add the chipotle in adobo and the candied pineapple.
- Allow the mixture to come to a simmer for 15 minutes. Slice the fresh jalapeño into wheels and add to the mixture and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat source and allow to come to room temperature.
- To prepare the King and Prince® Butterfly Coconut Shrimp, add them to the preheated deep fryer and cook for 3–3 1/2 minutes or until they reach a safe eating temperature of 165ºF and are golden brown.
- To serve, top each of the shrimp with a teaspoon of the sweet and smoky pineapple jalapeño salsa and garnish with a sprig of cilantro and lime wedge.
- 3 each Mrs Friday’s Coconut Butterfly Shrimp 16/20 ct.
- 1 cup Candied pineapple
- 1 each Fresh Jalapeño
- 1/2 cup Chipote in adobo
- 1/2 cup Pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 2 each Lime wedges
- 4 sprigs Cilantro
- Salt & pepper to taste
Recipe by King & Prince Seafood.
Originally Published on their site.
All rights reserved.